This coming monthly float for May will be hosted by Rick Morrison on the Current River (Round Spring to Two Rivers – 17 miles) on May 16-17th (SATURDAY – SUNDAY). This will be a OVERNIGHT FLOAT so be sure to bring your camping gear with you.
If you are interested in joining us -or- need more info on this float, please contact Rick Morrison at 417.576.4048 no later than THURSDAY NIGHT (May 14th) since he will be gong down on Friday to camp at Round Spring and so shuttle arrangements can be made. See you on the river!
**NOTE: These events are subject to change and update at any given time. Please check the website for all the latest and greatest on these updates or contact any of our board members for further information!**
- BOAT REPAIR RENDEZVOUS – Apr. 18th • 3:00 – 10:00 pm at White River Brewing Company, 505 W. Commercial St. • This workshop will focus on installation of bow and stern skid plates for canoes • Contact Curtis Claybaker at 417.350.3657 to register.
- KIDS FISHING DAY - May 9th (SATURDAY) • 9am – 2pm • VOLUNTEERS AND CANOES NEEDED! • Contact Jason Haskin at firstname.lastname@example.org -or- 417.379.2220 for more info.
- MAY FLOAT (EDITED)- May 16th & 17th (SATURDAY or SUNDAY) Current River (Round Spring to Two Rivers – 17 miles) OVERNIGHT FLOAT • Contact Rick Morrison at 417.576.4048 for more info NO LATER THAN THURSDAY NIGHT (May 14th).
- JUNE FLOAT – June 13-14th (SATURDAY & SUNDAY) • RIVER & SECTION TBA • Contact Tom Smith at 417.773.0688 for more info.
- OMTC DAY AT THE LAKE (BOAT DEMO) – June 13th (SATURDAY) • Ozark Park on the Finley River • Come join us for a day at the park and on the water to demo a variety of different boats • To participate and for more info, contact the Ozark Mountain Trading Company at 417.485.3219
- OMP RECREATIONAL PADDLING CLINIC – June 20th (SATURDAY) • ALL DAY EVENT! • James River/Springfield Lake, Put-in at Southwood Access • Come learn the essentials of paddling recreational kayaks or canoes with us at the Southwood Access 9am – 2pm • $30 for clinic -or- $5 if you are already an OMP member! • Contact: Marty Zerr at email@example.com -or- 417.818.8981 -OR- Jason Haskin at firstname.lastname@example.org -or- 417.379.2220 for more info. APPLICATION FOR THIS EVENT COMING SOON!
- FLOAT FOR INDEPENDENCE – June 28th (SUNDAY) • Niangua River • Join us as we take a group of special needs kids down the Niangua River for a fun day of paddling, squirt gun fights, and heartwarming memories! • For more details and to volunteer, please contact Terri Bradley at email@example.com or 417-860-1449
-3RD QUARTER SNEAK PEEK-
- JULY MEMBERS MEETING AND BOAT RAFFLE! – July 9th (THURSDAY) • 7:00pm • Springfield Nature Center • Come join us to catch up on the next (3rd) quarter’s OMP events and don’t miss out on the drawing for the raffle prize of a new Dagger Katana kayak!