If you want to learn the basics of canoeing or kayaking: strokes, boat control, safety and trip planning, then this is the clinic for you! This class is geared toward the beginner who wants to learn how to have a fun, safe day on the river. It is also great for the beginner who would like to work up to taking our Spring Whitewater Clinic.
The clinic is taking place on Saturday, June 20th, 9am – 2pm at the Southwood Access on Lake Springfield. It’s open to anyone who is 12 years or older in good physical condition, with basic swimming skills and no excessive fear of being in or around water.
- American Canoe Association certified instructors and volunteer assistant/safety persons are teaching this clinic.
- They will be donating their time, vehicles, and effort.
- The size of the clinic is limited and will be filled first come, first serve.
- If you do not have your own equipment, contact Marty Zerr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417.818.8981
-OR- Jason Haskin at email@example.com or 417.379.2220 for more info.
- Bring your own lunch and drinks for the day. No pets. No alcoholic beverages on the river.
CLICK HERE to download your application! You will need to print this, fill it out, and send it back to the address stated on the instructions.
Upon acceptance into the clinic, you will receive a letter with directions and additional information. If you have any questions, please contact Marty Zerr at 417-818-8981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NOTE: These events are subject to change and update at any given time. Please check the website for all the latest and greatest on these updates or contact any of our board members for further information!**
- BOAT REPAIR RENDEZVOUS – Apr. 18th • 3:00 – 10:00 pm at White River Brewing Company, 505 W. Commercial St. • This workshop will focus on installation of bow and stern skid plates for canoes • Contact Curtis Claybaker at 417.350.3657 to register.
- MAY FLOAT (EDITED)- May 16th & 17th (SATURDAY or SUNDAY) Current River (Round Spring to Two Rivers – 17 miles) OVERNIGHT FLOAT • Contact Rick Morrison at 417.576.4048 for more info NO LATER THAN THURSDAY NIGHT (May 14th).
- KIDS FISHING DAY (EDITED) - May 30th (SATURDAY) • 9am – 2pm • VOLUNTEERS AND CANOES NEEDED! • Contact Jason Haskin at email@example.com -or- 417.379.2220 for more info.
- JUNE FLOAT – June 13-14th (SATURDAY & SUNDAY) • RIVER & SECTION TBA • Contact Tom Smith at 417.773.0688 for more info.
- OMTC DAY AT THE LAKE (BOAT DEMO) – June 13th (SATURDAY) • Ozark Park on the Finley River • Come join us for a day at the park and on the water to demo a variety of different boats • To participate and for more info, contact the Ozark Mountain Trading Company at 417.485.3219
- OMP RECREATIONAL PADDLING CLINIC – June 20th (SATURDAY) • ALL DAY EVENT! • James River/Springfield Lake, Put-in at Southwood Access • Come learn the essentials of paddling recreational kayaks or canoes with us at the Southwood Access 9am – 2pm • $30 for clinic -or- $5 if you are already an OMP member! • Contact: Marty Zerr at firstname.lastname@example.org -or- 417.818.8981 -OR- Jason Haskin at email@example.com -or- 417.379.2220 for more info. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION!
- FLOAT FOR INDEPENDENCE – June 28th (SUNDAY) • Niangua River • Join us as we take a group of special needs kids down the Niangua River for a fun day of paddling, squirt gun fights, and heartwarming memories! • For more details and to volunteer, please contact Terri Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-860-1449
-3RD QUARTER SNEAK PEEK-
- JULY MEMBERS MEETING AND BOAT RAFFLE! – July 9th (THURSDAY) • 7:00pm • Springfield Nature Center • Come join us to catch up on the next (3rd) quarter’s OMP events and don’t miss out on the drawing for the raffle prize of a new Dagger Katana kayak!